Please have the following information ready before you proceed to registration:
• Your bankruptcy case number
• Your bankruptcy attorney’s name
• Your attorney’s fax or email.
You are required to have your bankruptcy case number to register for the course and receive certification. Smart Money Choices Courses You Must Attend to Obtain Certification
In order to obtain post-debtor education certification, you must attend the courses of Budgeting and Credit & Debt Management. The Smart Money Choices conference provides additional financial education opportunities to help you prepare for a strong financial future. We invite you to attend a third financial education course (not required to receive your post-debtor education certification) of your choice including: Estate Planning, Consumer Scams, Investments, Retirement Planning, or Student Funding & Debt Management. United States Department of Justice Disclosure Requirements:
- The State Treasurer’s office does not charge any fee for the course.
- This course is offered to debtor students without regard to a debtor student’s ability to pay. In fact, the course is free for all Ohioans, including debtor students.
- The Ohio Treasurer’s office does not pay or receive fees or other consideration for referral of debtor students to or by the State Treasurer’s office.
- Upon completion of the course, the State Treasurer’s office, Community Education Department will provide a certificate of course completion to the debtor student, which can be provided at the event, mailed, as well as faxed or emailed to you or your attorney.
- This course is available currently at the Smart Money Choices conferences. Each of the below listed Smart Money Choices conferences are held between 8:05 am and 12:15 pm (registration opens at 7:30 am).