Energy Efficiency for Homeowners
Faced with higher heating and cooling costs, many homeowners are searching for new ways to lower their energy bills. ECO-Link helps Ohioans finance projects that are geared toward improving the energy efficiency of their homes. Projects that may qualify for ECO-Link financing include window replacement, roofing, siding, heating and cooling system replacement, solar power, upgrading to energy-efficient appliances, and more.
Eligible borrowers can receive up to a 3% interest rate reduction on new or existing loans up to $50,000.
These investments not only assist homeowners in financing their projects, but also support local businesses specializing in home improvement services and products.
- MUST use loan for a primary residence located in Ohio;
- MUST own an existing house or condo. However, additional residential classifications may be eligible;
- MUST receive loan approval from a participating financial institution prior to applying for ECO-Link;
- MUST use all loan proceeds for home improvements geared toward improving the energy efficiency of their homes; and
- MUST submit official estimates or receipts for the total amount of the ECO-Link loan.
- After the online ECO-Link application is submitted and the loan officer confirms the terms of the loan, the Ohio Treasurer’s office begins the review process.
- If all eligibility criteria are met, the application is approved and notifications are sent to alert the homeowner and financial institution.
- Upon request from the financial institution, the Ohio Treasurer’s office will purchase an investment at a below-market rate.
- The financial institution uses the interest rate reduction to pass savings onto the borrower.
- Click here to view a list of eligible financial institutions.
- Apply for a loan at a participating financial institution.
- After loan terms are determined, both the homeowner and loan officer complete online applications
(view PDF application for reference only)
- For more information on ECO-Link, contact the Ohio Treasurer’s office by phone at 1-800-228-1102, or by email at [email protected].